7 Common Skincare Mistakes
There are things we do very often that we don’t even realize are causing damage to our skin. At times things we do become so routine that we don’t stop to consider the harmful effects they may have. I know I have been guilty of many of these, but the good news is they’re super easy to fix! Making these small changes in your life can really begin to improve your skin! Below are some common skincare mistakes we can all strive to overcome:
- Not Cleaning Your Phone: Nowadays we all have our phones attached to us at all times, as it’s become an extension of our lives. No matter how often you wash your hands, your phone still picks up loads of bacteria and dirt. When you make a phone call, the bacteria and dirt get transferred onto your face. Try using a disinfecting wipe at least once a day on your phone and your skin will thank you!
- Constantly touching your face: As I am writing this, I just caught myself touching my face. It’s something we do subconsciously, but it is something we can work to overcome. Also, don’t mess with the blemishes on your skin and do not pop pimples, as this simply causes more bacteria to spread throughout your face.
- Exfoliating Too Often or Not Enough: Some make the mistake of exfoliating their skin every day, while others never exfoliate at all. Both of these are mistakes as exfoliation is necessary to clean and renew your skin cells, yet overdoing it can cause damage to your skin’s outer layer. We recommend exfoliating once or twice a week!
- Sleeping With Makeup: There should never be a time when you go to sleep without removing your makeup. Always make sure to remove your makeup no matter what the circumstance. It is very important to be diligent about this as not doing so can cause extensive damage to your skin throughout the night. The skin renews and regenerates itself while we sleep and leaving on makeup stunts this natural and healthy process.
- Skiping Sunscreen: This too, I’ve had my challenges with. Although I know the importance of using sunscreen, it’s a barrier I want to overcome as well. Sunscreen is one of the most effective anti-aging tools and should be a priority for us all! Try adding sunscreen to your daily morning skincare routine!
- You’re Choosing Products Mindlessly: The Ingredients used in the products you choose really do matter. If you blindly choose any product off the shelf, chances are there are ingredients you might want to avoid. An important aspect of choosing the right product is knowing your skin type. Once you know this, you will be better able to choose products with healthy ingredients suitable for your skin.
- You Don’t Moisturize Your Skin Daily: Many people skip moisturizing during the day out of fear of messing up their makeup or making their skin look oily. Actually, it turns out that applying a light moisturizer before applying makeup can make it go on smoother. Also, applying moisturizer will keep your skin from drying out and therefore producing more oil naturally. Looking for some extra hydration? Nature Only’s Natural Revitalizer utilizes the power of antioxidants to target dullness and signs of aging, bringing you fresh, glowing skin!