You Are What You Sip
Moisturizers and serums are essential in having a great skincare regimen, however it should be known that natural, healthy skin can be achieved by drinking the right beverages! Staying hydrated is not just a tip, it is necessary and vital for your skin’s health and beauty. It is one of the simplest and most effective beauty treatments available. Although water is highly advocated, there are a variety of additional drinks that have beauty boosting ingredients such as antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that will illuminate your skin. Consider investing in these six drinks that will boost your glow:
- Water. Water is vital for your skins health and beauty. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and it is mostly made up of water. Without sufficient water, the skin begins to dry, age, and become more flaky. The body loses large quantities of water every day, so it is imperative that it is sufficiently replenished daily. It is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to keep the skin hydrated. Drinking an adequate amount of water helps your skin retain moisture and has the power to lessen wrinkles, improve skin complexion, reduce puffiness, heal the skin quicker, tighten the skin, restore your pH balance, and so much more! We can’t stress enough the importance of drinking water.
- Tea. Spearmint and Green Tea in particular are great for the skin. These teas carry polyphenols, which are antioxidants that reduce inflammation and maintain moisture, therefore slowing dehydration. They also help prevent signs of aging and keep the skin elastic, and prevent damage to cells which are healthy. Another, even greater option is Matcha. Matcha tea stands out and is packed with antioxidants.
- Bone Broth. Bone broth has been closely linked with skin care and even acne treatment. It contains amino acids and minerals that could produce natural collagen, while slowing the aging process. These same amino acids will help you sleep deeper, fight inflammation and heal the digestive system. All of these benefits are directly or indirectly correlated to healthier, more vibrant skin.
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice. Freshly squeezed juices, especially those packed with Vitamin C, are very beneficial for the skin. Vitamin C is essential in building healthy collagen. Although vitamin C supplements are an option, for natural ways of absorbing it, fruit and vegetable juices are very valuable because the individual ingredients work synergistically with other ingredients in the fruits and vegetables.
- Coffee. Coffee intake should be limited and tracked, however a healthy amount could fight off oxidative harm caused by free radicals. While drinking coffee, make sure to stay hydrated!
- Red Wine. Every once in a while, a glass of some fine wine can actually enliven your skin’s complexion. Red wine has antioxidants which can counteract oxidative damage caused by free radicals that the skin is exposed to through UV rays, pollution in the air, and other sources. However, for obvious reasons, it should not be abused or overused.
Click on below link to read an article by Marie Claire (Valenti, L. (02/03/2015) A 24-Hour Drink Menu for the Prettiest Skin of Your Life. You are what you sip). We hope you will find this delightful resource informing and educational.
A 24-Hour Drink Menu for the Prettiest Skin of Your Life