New parents sometimes reminisce of a time when they could go out of the house without carrying around a mini-nursery for their baby. It doesn’t, however, have to be so complicated. A well put together diaper bag can bring you so much freedom and convenience while staying stress-free, knowing you have everything you need. When prioritizing what should most likely be put in your diaper bag, consider various scenarios playing out and what you would need to best handle any challenge that comes your way. Think about yourself too! What would you like to have for yourself, for instance, while your baby is taking a nap? Below we’ll go over some essentials that you want to make sure to pack!
Diapers: Duh! You should know, though, how many you will need to carry with you. The best estimate is to bring one for every two hours you might be outside, plus some extra. If you want to pack lighter, however, there are certain brands that can offer up to 12 hours of protection!
- Baby Wipes: Baby wipes take care of so many tasks when caring for your baby. From wiping and cleaning your baby’s butt to wiping down the changing pad before use, and even for your own hands, baby wipes are a must have in your diaper bag. There are convenient ways to carry baby wipes while taking up minimal space. Try putting a few wipes in a closable plastic bag to keep them moist! There are also travel packs available that can be convenient and light.
- Food and Drink For Your Baby: You will want to bring either pumped breast milk or baby food with you on the go. Determine how long you will be out of the house, how much food your baby will need, and pack appropriately. You will also want to bring water with you, especially for toddlers and even some for yourself!
- A Change of Clothing: Things happen, baby’s spit and throw up, food gets all over the place, and diapers sometimes leak. You’ll want to make sure to be prepared for this with a change of clothing or an extra onesie, maybe even two, because you don’t know when a speedy change may be needed.
- Snacks: This one’s for you! Sure, as a conscientious parent, you’ll be focused on keeping your baby safe, clean happy and well fed, however you must make sure to energize yourself as well with some healthy, preferably protein-packed snacks in case you get hungry. Your baby needs your best you to be there for them, so pack some Clif Bars or another snack of choice to stay well fueled throughout the day!
- Sun Protection: If your baby is over 6 months old, make sure to bring sunscreen if you’ll be walking around outdoors, at the park. If your baby is younger, try bringing a light blanket, which will also be handy for any unanticipated breezes. A light bucket-hat could help block out the sun as well!
- Diaper Rash Cream: Diaper Rash can make your baby’s day quite unpleasant. Make sure to pack some diaper rash cream in your diaper bag in case of an emergency. Nature Only’s Wholesome Diaper Cream will bring immediate relief, comfort and nourishment to your baby. It is formulated with calendula, shea butter, colloidal oatmeal and jojoba butter to help provide redness and irritation relief, leaving the skin hydrated and moisturized!
Natural Multi-Function Ointment & Bandaids: Nature Only's Natural Multi-Function Ointment is a must have, for your child and for you! You never know when you or your baby might need to quickly heal something such as a burn, scrape, dry skin, or a small cut. Our Natural Multi-Function Ointment is a